Ambassador Massoud Maalouf
- Ambassador of Lebanon to Canada 2007-2009, to Poland 2003-2007 (also accredited to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania), and to Chile 1995-1999.
- Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of Lebanon:
- Consul, Consulate General of Lebanon in Montreal, Canada 1977-1979
- First Secretary, Embassy of Lebanon Lagos, Nigeria 1972-1977
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Beirut, Lebanon:
- Director of Protocol ad interim (1987-1989)
- Head of the Department of Arab Affairs and Representative of the Ministry in the Israel-Lebanon Monitoring Group (1999-2000)
- Head of the Department of Economic Affairs (2000-2003)
EXPERIENCEAs a Diplomat:
- Vice-Chairman of the Lebanese negotiating team that led to the signing of the Association Agreement between Lebanon and the European Union (2001-2002).
- Represented Lebanon at numerous Arab and Islamic Summit conferences, Arab League meetings as well as in United Nations meetings and various international conferences, including the WTO meetings in Cancun, Mexico.
- Promoted trade, tourism and business by arranging trade delegation bilateral visits and working with local chambers of commerce; trade between Lebanon and Poland increased 30% during my tenure.
- Promoted cultural ties between Lebanon and the different host countries through conferences, university exchanges and various cultural events.
- Established Mint Consulting LLC (2010) with focus on promotion of business and assessing political risk in emerging economies.
- Established Together for Lebanon, Inc (2012), a US NGO dedicated to exclusively support the charitable activities of the Lebanese Association of the Knights of Malta.
- Established Maharat for Development, Inc. (2017) a US NGO dedicated to human rights, freedoms and gender equality in the MENA region.
- Authored numerous articles in English on Lebanon and the Middle East for the American Herald Tribune (https://ahtribune.com/author.html?id=1015) and in Arabic in Al-Joumhouriyeh (https://www.aljoumhouria.com/index.php/ar)
- Frequent commentator on many Arabic satellite TV stations (Al-Jazeera, BBC, Sky News Arabia, Al-Araby TV, AlYawm TV, Al Ghad TV, Al Hurra, et al..) providing analysis of US policy in the Middle East and international affairs.
- Diploma of Higher Studies in Economics St. Joseph University, Beirut, Lebanon
- Diploma from the National Institute of Administration and Development Beirut, Lebanon
LANGUAGESFluent in Arabic, English, French, Spanish Basic knowledge of Polish and Italian Back to Event Page >